Why Should I Always Stay Hydrated?
Avalon Pharmacy Shares Hydration Tips and Info for Hi-Desert / Morongo Basin Residents
Yucca Valley’s leading Pharmacist, Amit Kakar, Pharm.D. here.
We hope you had a spectacular Holiday and before we bounce into the New Year, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite gifts from Christmas this year.
My children bought me a Hydroflask! (I love it because, well, it’s from them and also I put an Avalon Pharmacy Sticker on it)
The Hydroflask is a great reminder to stay Hydrated so this week we wanted to talk about the importance of staying Hydrated!
Join us this week for Why Should I Always Stay Hydrated?
Important Information regarding Hydration:
- Bodies made of about 60% Water
- Throughout the day you are losing water through bowel movements, urination, breathing and sweating
- Losing more water than we are taking in results in dehydration
- Every cell in the body needs water to maintain balance
- Helps to maintain temperature, lubrication of joints, and bowel movements
- Dehydration results in a sluggish feeling, irritability, lack of sleep, and muscle cramps
- Water is important to maintain healthy skin
- Recommended 8 glasses of 8oz a day but it really depends on the weight of a person.
- Can use color of urine as a guide. In general, darker urine can indicate dehydration. Light or clear urine typically means that you are sufficiently hydrated.
- Have a Happy New Year and remember to stay Hydrated.
Your health and safety is our primary concern at Avalon Pharmacy.
If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call us at 760-853-5195.