What is the Flu Vaccine and why is it so important?
Minute With Amit – What is the Flu Vaccine and why is it so important?
Cold and Flu Season is upon us and today Yucca Valley’s leading Pharmacist, Amit Kakar, Pharm.D. talks about the Flu Vaccine and why is it so important for our health.
Join us this week to learn the Flu Vaccine.
Important Information Regarding the Flu Vaccine:
- Vaccine works when Weakened Flu Virus injected into us
- This helps our body recognize the flu virus and develop antibodies
- 15 to 20 years to develop an over a billion dollars
- The flu strain changes every year
- Taking the vaccine can reduce hospitalizations and doctors visits
- Important to reduce strain on hospitals during COVID-19
- Flu vaccines especially important in children to prevent serious flu related complications
Your health and safety is our primary concern at Avalon Pharmacy.
If you have any specific questions regarding the Flu Vaccine, please feel free to call us at 760-853-5195.