Ways to Help You Sleep and Tips to Avoid Insomnia
Minute With Amit – Ways to help us sleep (part 1)
Amit, Hi-Desert’s local leading Pharmacist with Avalon Pharmacy here. Today we wanted to switch things up and discuss a serious issue that faces 1 in 3 adults in America, Insomnia or the inability to sleep.
Ways to help us sleep (part 1)
- Insomnia can lead to obesity and mood swings / irritability
- Set a consistent time for going to bed at night and time to waking up in the morning
- Nap 20-30 minutes during day can help sleep at night; No naps past 3pm
- Don’t exercise just before bed as exercise is a stimulant
- Avoid nicotine and coffee before bed as they are stimulants and may keep you awake
- Alcohol leads to light restless sleep and it is not recommended before bedtime
- Consider minimizing light in the bedroom (big alarm clock or lights from electronic devices)
Your health and safety is our primary concern at Avalon Pharmacy.
If you have any specific questions regarding insomnia and lack of sleep, please feel free to call us at 760-853-5195.