What Is Pink Eye and How to Treat It?
Avalon Pharmacy Shares About The Three Types of Pink Eye and How to Treat Them for HI-Desert / Morongo Basin Residents
Yucca Valley’s leading Pharmacist, Amit Kakar, Pharm.D. here.
Today’s Healthy Tip of the Week is about an inflammation or infection in your eyes, also known as Pink Eye or Conjunctivitis.
Join us this week to learn more on how to treat pink eye.
Healthy Tips of the Week:
- There are primarily three types of Pink Eye infection: viral, allergic, and bacterial.
- Viral Pink Eye can be caused by cold or flu. Medication may or may not be necessary and may resolve on its own. It is important to consult your health care practitioner.
- Allergic Pink Eye appears as itchy, watery eyes caused by allergies. Medication may or may not be necessary and may resolve on its own. It is important to consult your health care practitioner.
- Bacterial Pink Eye appears as itchy, watery and irritated eyes, and has a thick mucous discharge, and can be treated with antibiotics in the form of eye drops or ointments.
- All three can be contagious and always practice proper hygiene by washing the hands as often as you can.
Your health and safety is our primary concern at Avalon Pharmacy.
If you have any specific questions, please feel free to call us at 760-853-5195.