Minute With Amit – Antibiotic Cream Usage and Dosage
Amit, Hi-Desert’s local leading Pharmacist with Avalon Pharmacy here. Today we are going to stay on the cream aisle and talk about antibiotic creams. Cuts and scrapes are common, so it is important to know how to treat them and with what.
Important Considerations When Using Antibiotic Creams
- Antibiotic is a medication that kills bacteria
- Capsules, tablets, liquids, and oral antibiotics are only available by prescription
- The three types of antibotic creams are: Bacitracin, Polysporin, Neosporin
- Bacitracin has a single antibiotic ingredient
- Polysporin has two antibiotic ingredients
- Neosporin has three antibiotic ingredients
- Bacitracin and Neosporin are the most common for treating cuts and scrapes
- Bacitracin only prevents bacteria from entering the wound and Neosporin actively kills bacteria in the wound
- Neosporin can in some cases cause an allergic reaction
- If no relief after a week of usage please consult your Physician
- Consult your Pharmacist if you have any questions regarding using Antibiotic Creams
Your heath and safety is our primary concern at Avalon Pharmacy.
If you have any specific questions regarding Anti Treatments and their Usage and Dosage, please feel free to call us at 760-853-5195.